helping your child succeed in art
Parents are the first and most important teachers in their child’s life. What is done at home impacts a child’s success at school. This is not only true for reading, math, science, and social studies, but for the arts as well.
Here are some tips for helping your child succeed:
- Monitor your child’s grades in PowerSchool.
- Ask your child what they are doing and learning about in art class.
- Make sure your child attends art class regularly. If your child misses an art class, he or she misses a significant amount of instruction.
- Encourage your child to always give their best effort and participate during class.
- Encourage your child to pay attention in class.
- Create and discuss art at home.
- Visit art related events with your child.
Helpful Websites for Further Art Exploration
Native American Art
Sites for Creating
Sites for Art Games
Albright Knox Art Gallery Games