helping your child succeed in art
Parents are the first and most important teachers in their child’s life. What is done at home impacts a child’s success at school. This is not only true for reading, math, science, and social studies, but for the arts as well.
Here are some tips for helping your child succeed:
- Monitor your child’s grades in PowerSchool.
- Ask your child what they are doing and learning about in art class.
- Make sure your child attends art class regularly. If your child misses an art class, he or she misses a significant amount of instruction.
- Encourage your child to always give their best effort and participate during class.
- Encourage your child to pay attention in class.
- Create and discuss art at home.
- Visit art related events with your child.
Helpful Websites for Further Art Exploration
Native American Art
Native American Technology and Art
National Museum of the American Indian
Milwaukee Public Museum- Indian Country
Sites for Creating
Jackson Pollock Painting
National Gallery of Art Kid Zone
Keith Haring Coloring
Sites for Art Games
Indianapolis Children’s Museum
Albright Knox Art Gallery Games
Sites for Information
Craft In America
Carnegie Museum of Art
Frist Center for the Visual Arts