Effective August 16, 2021, the following COVID-19 protocols will be followed here at ICS:
- ICS will continue with the elimination of the daily health survey for staff and visitors. ICS will also eliminate temperature readings for staff, students, and visitors. We are asking that you monitor your child for signs of illness, including checking their temperature twice daily at home if you have the means to do so. If your child experiences COVID-19 symptoms, please contact your medical provider for further guidance and notify our school at (414) 525-6103.
- We will continue to implement social distancing, maximize ventilation, handwashing and respiratory etiquette, use of hand sanitizer, contact tracing in combination with quarantine and isolation, and our cleaning and disinfection protocols.
- Students are required to wear a face mask while riding the bus and to sit in assigned seating.
- Upon entering the school, every person is required to wear a face mask. The school will supply face masks if needed. Masking outdoors will be optional.
- ICS will continue the practice of maintaining cohorts for students while expanding the group to include the full grade level.
- Parents and other visitors will remain limited to those visiting on official business.
- School events and activities where ICS families or the community will be present will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and will require Board approval.
While the health and safety of ICS staff, students, visitors, and the community remain a top priority, ICS will continue to re-evaluate the current state of the pandemic and will adjust our school’s COVID-19 protocols as warranted. The COVID-19 Dashboard will continue to be maintained on weekdays and will be used as a mechanism to help guide our decision-making as we move forward.
Indian Community School is currently open to enrolled students and staff only (no visitors). For the safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and community, we are observing several health protocols including but not limited to: wearing masks inside the school, taking daily temperatures of students and staff, social distancing at all times, assigned seating on buses, frequent and extensive cleaning & disinfecting protocols, frequent hand washing, the use of hand sanitizer, among other safety measures. Please follow the recommended protocols, including staying home if you are not well and parents keeping their children home if they are not well, regardless of symptoms. Waewaenen, Miigwech, Yaw^ko — thank you for your cooperation!
Please check back on this page for the most accurate and up-to-date safety protocols.
What is COVID-19?
Because the situation is quickly evolving, the best way to stay informed is through the Wisconsin Department of Public Health website or the CDC website.
Following are some useful links for accessing more factual information about COVID-19.
How it spreads, Prevention and treatment, What to do if you are sick, Symptoms, Stigma and COVID-19.