“Technology will never replace great teachers, but technology in the hands of a great teacher can be transformational.” George Couros
The Technology Department is responsible for:
- End-User Support
- Network infrastructure
- Student Information Systems (PowerSchool)
- Productivity Tools (Google Apps, Microsoft Office)
- Email System
- Infrastructure design and support
- Data processing, backups and archiving
- Technology ordering and replacement
- Content filtering
- Equipment repair or processing of repairs
- Student devices
- Data integration between systems
Technology at ICS is a tool used to increase authentic engagement, support learning goals and objectives, and make tasks more efficient.
Technology at ICS increases engagement, and enhances & extends learning goals and objectives.
1. To increase engagement in learning goals.
2. To enhance and extend learning goals.
3. To use technology as a TOOL to improve and enhance teaching and learning.
4. To empower students to take ownership of their learning.
5. To engage students in creating content, collaboration with others, and making connections.
6. To provide meaningful and authentic learning experiences for students and teachers.
7. To facilitate home/school communication and connections