“Technology will never replace great teachers, but technology in the hands of a great teacher can be transformational.” George Couros
The Technology Department is responsible for:
- Support staff and students
- Productivity Tools (Google Apps, Microsoft Office)
- Network and Infrastructure (WiFi, phone lines, etc.)
- Data storage
- Email system
- Technology support
- Technology ordering and replacement
- Content filtering
- Equipment repair or processing of repairs
- Student devices
Please click here to view a copy of our technology plan.
The ICS Education Technology Plan is aligned to the 5 Gears of the Wisconsin Digital Learning Plan
Gear 1 – Instruction, Learning, and Assessment
Gear 2 – Technology and Hardware
Gear 3 – Empowering, Innovative Leadership
Gear 4 – Professional Learning and Building Capacity
Gear 5 – Data and Privacy
Technology at ICS is a tool used to increase authentic engagement, support learning goals and objectives, and make tasks more efficient.
Technology at ICS increases engagement, and enhances & extends learning goals and objectives.
1. To increase engagement in learning goals.
2. To enhance and extend learning goals.
3. To use technology as a TOOL to improve and enhance teaching and learning.
4. To empower students to take ownership of their learning.
5. To engage students in creating content, collaboration with others, and making connections.
6. To provide meaningful and authentic learning experiences for students and teachers.