FACILITIES OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
SUMMARY: The Indian Community School (ICS) is seeking a coordinate and direct the day to day activities of Buildings and Grounds, Safety, and Housekeeping. Our staff is engaged in maintaining a modern 160,000 square foot school on approximately 170 acres of land in Franklin, Wisconsin. The School operates with state of art computerized building systems.
Indian Community School serves urban American Indian students and their families so that each student develops the skills and knowledge to sustain a healthy balance of American Indian culture, academic achievement, and a sense of identity through indigenous teachings and ways of learning.
Applicants should have the knowledge and/or experience with:
- Responsibilities for this position include setup and operation of HVAC, lighting, staffing, and takedown of scheduled events; planning, and implementing capital projects including writing RFP’s, soliciting bids and making recommendations.
- Oversees work done by vendors/contractors.
- Monitors, edits, and runs reports on computerized building systems including Preventative Maintenance and Work Orders (TMA), HVAC Energy Management (Tridium Niagara AX), Automated Lighting Controls (Intelligent Lighting Control), Fire Alarm Controls (Simplex), Security Cameras (ExaqVision), Access Monitoring (S2 Netbox, Automated Gate Timers (Eltec), and Safety Tours (Proxipen).
- This individual will share the on-call responsibility to respond to equipment failures, intrusion alarms, and fire alarms.
- Responsible for supervising the Cleaning staff and directing the work of other Facilities personnel including scheduling for all shifts and special events.
- Assists in the coordination and completion of preventative maintenance tasks, work orders, and preparation for special events.
- Responsible for training, hiring and performance management of Cleaning staff.
- Promotes a safe, healthy and clean school environment for students, staff and visitors including addressing complaints and resolving issues.
Requirements for this position include: Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite needed. Valid Driver’s license. Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills. Knowledge of all phases of building and equipment maintenance. Experienced in planning, estimating, and managing maintenance and repair projects.
Preferred qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or 5 to 10 years of facility management experience. Strong computer background in Building Automation Systems, Preventative Maintenance and Work Request software, Card Access and Camera software. Boiler license and HVAC certification. Previous Supervisor Experience.
Interested candidates should apply here online or send a resume to: Bonnie Scharber, HR Director, Indian Community School 10405 West St. Martins Road, Franklin, WI 53132; firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: ICS is seeking a Safety Monitor for 1st Shift: 5:30 am to 2:00 pm, Tuesday through Friday and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday. This position is full-time year-round.
This position monitors the front desk, visitors, students, staff and school property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry. The duties of this position include:
• the daily oversight of school bus loading, unloading, and departures
• monitoring the front entrance
• greeting and tracking visitors
• answering phones
• monitoring security cameras
• ensuring children are properly picked up and signed out
• patrolling/inspecting building and grounds
• performs BBP cleanups
• operates snow removal equipment, lawnmowers, trimmers, auto-scrubber, extractors, scrubbers, and other housekeeping/grounds equipment
• assists with snow removal, housekeeping, deliveries, light maintenance, and landscaping maintenance and projects
Requirements for this position include: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); previous security experience and CPR AND AED training are preferred.
This full-time position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) and paid time off. Interested individuals should complete the application available on the ICS website or send their resume to: Bonnie Scharber, HR Director, Indian Community School, 10405 West St. Martins Road, Franklin, WI 53132.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER
SUMMARY: ICS has a full-time Food Service vacancy available for the current school year and future school years if mutually agreeable. Full-time individuals work Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m to 3:00 p.m. Food Service staff generally work from late August to mid-June.
Food Service Workers serve portioned meals for the School Lunch Program. Other duties include detail cleaning of dining and kitchen areas, washing dishes, assisting in storing/stocking grocery items, and light food preparation for special events. Candidates must be able to lift twenty-five pounds repetitively, have a positive attitude and enjoy working with kids!
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and previous experience preferred. Must have a commitment to the ICS mission of providing each child with the best educational opportunities in order to achieve their greatest personal and community potential.
The full-time position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) and paid time off. Interested individuals should complete the application available on the ICS website or send their resume to: Bonnie Scharber, HR Director, Indian Community School, 10405 West St. Martins Road, Franklin, WI 53132 or by email to: email@example.com. ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.