NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR BID (IFB)
Healthy School Celebrations!
ICS encourages parents to abstain from sending items to school that are low in nutrients and high in calories and instead pick a celebration treat from the “Suggested Party List” guideline below:
• 100% juice instead of sodas or sugary drinks
• Fresh fruit – Delicious and full of vitamins!
• Fruit and cheese kabobs
• Veggie trays w/ low fat dips
• Pretzels & cheese
• Animal crackers or Whole Grain snacks
• Angel food cake topped with fruit
• Low – fat pudding or Yogurt parfaits
• Trail mixes • 100% fruit snacks
• Low fat desserts
Natalia Woehl, M.ed.RD. CD.ICS
Authored by Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Staff registered dietitian nutritionists 2015
ICS is a equal opportunity provider.