ics eagle singers
To strengthen & honor our spiritual, moral, emotional, social, artistic and cultural values by celebrating our Native identity with drumming and singing our traditional songs.
* Loyalty & Commitment to attend practices. Those who don’t attend practice won’t be attending outside events.
* Respectful mind and heart around the drum as well to teachers and peers.
* Commitment to drum/sing for occasional weekend events.
* Student will bring only healthy positive energy to drum.
* Teachers will notify culture staff if student has demonstrated negative behavior and additional teachings will be addressed with student.
* Only students who have had positive behavior will be able to attend events outside of school.
* All rules apply to Canary singers as well. Canary singers will have teachings that apply to female singers.
* Please know that our 7 Grandfather Teachings along with the “Four Moral Imperatives” will be used as our guideposts for encouraging positive energy: Do not lie, Do not steal, Do not cheat, and Do not attempt to deceive.
If there are any questions about any teachings or rules, please contact Mr. Jason Dropik at 414-525-6100.
3rd -8th grade ICS students interested in becoming an ICS Eagle Singer, please contact Mr. Jason Dropik.